Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Corn bread- topped salmon

About 2 years ago I bought a casserole cookbook. It wasn't big, but had 76 different recipes. I used a few of the recipes and then "lost" it. Turns out it wasn't really lost, it was just put where all of the cook books were. So upon finding this cook book I decided it was time to try out some new recipes (we're getting tired of repeat dinners!)

I decided to make this particular recipe tonight. One of the reasons is because I didn't have to defrost any meat (yes, I forgot) and two, it's so so simple.

Corn bread- topped salmon

2 cans (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1 can (14-3/4 oz) salmon drained, bones and skin removed
1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
1 package (8-1/2 oz) corn bread/muffin mix (I used Jiffy)
1 jar (4 oz) diced pimientos, drained
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1 tsp finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp dried thyme

1. In a lg sauce pan bring the soup and milk to a boil. Add salmon and peas. Pour into a greased shallow 2-1/2 qt baking dish. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon over salmon mixture.

2. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cornbread comes out clean.

If you aren't a fan of canned salmon I'm sure that fresh would be even better!

Scot and I really enjoyed this meal. I made a salad as a side and Scot ate THREE plates! I'd say it was a success!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment