Saturday, November 6, 2010

I have officially lost it

I put up the Christmas tree today. I do realize that it's only the end of the first week of November. But I can justify my actions, sort of...

Last year we were absolutely broke preparing for Pumpkin. Then while preparing she was unexpectidly here a week before Christmas. So we had no tree, no decorations. I was really upset about it. I know those things don't truly matter, it's just material things. It just so happens that I absolutely adore decorating for Christmas. I also love buying gifts for everyone. So here I am, 19 days before THANKSGIVING, decorating my house for Christmas.

I guess you could say I'm making up for last year. The tree isn't completely done, I still have to purchase a few key pieces, but I'm having a blast getting ready.

A preview of the partially done mantle:


(Sorry it's off centered!)


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. how funny! I decorated last year before Thanksgiving! I am getting the itch to go ahead and decorate now! I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook about people already decorating..... I may have to do it THIS WEEK!

    ReplyDelete