Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello, from Winter Wonderland, TX!!

I'm always unsure of how correct the weathermen REALLY are when they predict winter storms around here. Usually it's nothing like they expect. Well, Weathermen, you were right on point this time! I woke up to a very white and cold scenery this morning.

Yesterday we drove to Mexia, TX  to pick up Lorie, Scot's mother. She is going to spend a few days with us (Such a blessing!)!!!! We knew that if we didn't pick her up then, it would be days before we would even think of making it out that way. We finally made it home around 9 last night and it was just starting to mist.

I try to be as prepared as possible for things; Extra pair of clothes in case of an explosive diaper, snacks in case she's hungry, extra sippy cups, etc. Well this one time I didn't stock up on groceries BEFORE the storm. I know, shameful. Luckily Lorie agreed to stay home while Marlee slept so Scot and I could get to Walmart and get some much needed food!

The ride there I was gripping my seat! The sand trucks didn't sand any of the roads around us (even though Davis BLVD is a 7 lane highway(!!) and super busy) so we were going 15 miles an hour! We grocery shopped and made our way home very safely!

After a nice lunch we decided to introduce Marlee to the snow for the third time. She was loving it! Crawling around all over, picking up partially hidden leaves and trying to eat them. We were only out there for a good five minutes because it's 19 degrees out and WINDY!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment