Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dear Marlee

Everyday you grow more and more. I can't believe that so much time has passed since I first heard you cry. You don't know how blessed I feel to have you in my life; happy, healthy, and beautiful. I dreamt of how you would be while you were in my tummy. I wondered who you would look like. What color would your hair be? I wondered if you would come out absolutely perfect like I hoped.

Although we had some struggles in the beginning, you showed me that you are a fighter. Day two in the NICU and you were breathing normal oxygen. I prayed for this, I prayed you would be strong. You came home after six days in the NICU, Christmas Eve for that matter, and made our Christmas unforgetable. We fought jaundice for a good two-three weeks, but you pushed through it and you are now a perfectly pink baby.

When you were born, you had a skin tag on your right cheek close to your ear. This is from extra tissue that formed into part of your ear. You had to have a minor surgery to have this removed. You will always know it was there due to a tiny scar, but it gives your character =). If that wasn't enough to deal with, we found out you have hip dysplasia in your left hip. We have almost reached the end of that journey. You have 8 more days before you get your pavlik harness off.

We have had such an interesting 18 weeks with you, Marlee. But I would not change it for the world. Good or bad, it makes for memories. I don't ever want to forget them.

You mean the absolute world to me, Pumpkin. You were wanted before we ever conceived you, and loved you when we heard your first heartbeat. I can't imagine life with out you. I hope for wonderful things to come in your life.

I love you Marlee Addisyn.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment