Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Getting it all together

Growing up I was a skinny little girl. I didn't blow up until 5th grade. I honestly don't know what happened! All through middle school I played softball and was active. In high school up until my senior year I played tennis. It didn't matter how active I was, I was still big. It's very discouraging.


The only time I've ever consistantly lost weight was when I got pregnant. How ironic that the time I should gaining weight, I lose a lot. It showed me that it is possible. I changed my eating habits, for a while cut out meat because it made me sick, and drank tons of water.

Fast forward to giving birth. I wasn't able to breastfeed due to Marlee being a preemie and in the NICU, and she never took to it. But I pumped for 6.5 weeks. It did wonders for my weight. I lost a total of 45 pounds with in 3 weeks! Once I quit pumping the weight stopped dropping, I stopped drinking as much water, and eating as well. How depressing.

Well I am ready to get healthy. My friend Janie, of at least ten years(!), and I are doing The Biggest Loser 6 week workout. Last night was our first night to start and let me say, "HOLY CRAP!" It was intense, and I wanted to give up, but I didn't. Mainly because Bob, the instructer, is really good about keeping you motivated. In the back of my head I kept thinking, "You have to do this to get to where you want to be." Now that I look back at that statement, I can use it for anything in my life. It can be applied to so many situations.

Even though during the work out I was exhausted and my lungs were burning, once it was over I felt so good about myself. And I am even excited about doing it again tonight.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment