Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chicken and vegatable pizza

I have never been a huge pizza fan. While I was pregnant, though, I couldn't get enough of the stuff. And since giving birth, I still enjoy it. Thursday Pumpkin and I went to visit friends of mine, Tina and Candace and their son Carter. Candace had made basically the same pizza and it was so good. Of course I wanted to make my own pizza!

The ingredients:
Breast meat of a rotisseri chicken, chopped
pizza crust (I used an already made pizza crust in the pasta isle at wal-mart)
pizza sauce (I bet this would be SO good with a white sauce)
1/2 can of artichokes, drained, rinsed, and chopped
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 roma tomato, sliced
1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 tsp olive oil
a handful of fresh basil leaves

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. (follow your pizza crust directions!)
2. in a med saute pan, saute mushrooms, atrichokes, and zucchini. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Saute for about 5-7 mins.
3. Using the 1 tsp olive oil, brush the pizza crust. I also sprinkled garlic powder on top. Spread on pizza sauce (however much you like). Add the tomato slices ontop across the pizza crust and the rest of the toppings. Sprinkle with the cheese.
4. Lower the oven temp. to 425 and bake pizza for 10 mins. Set oven to broil and cook for another 5 mins.










Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment