Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cordon Bleu inspired chicken

As I was browsing recipes today I came across one for Cordon Bleu. I have had this once in my life, and well, it was unforgetable. DELICIOUS. While I really wanted to make this recipe, I didn't have all the ingredients, so I improvised.

What you need:
Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts
sliced cooked ham
swiss cheese (I used american)
1 egg
bread crumbs
(I didn't use egg or breadcrumbs b/c I didn't have bread crumbs)

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degree F.
2. Pound the chicken with a meat tenderizer until 1/4 of an inch thick. Place ham and cheese on top of the chicken and roll up, insterting tooth picks to hold in place. (I added bacon to the outside of the chicken)
3. Cook for 30 mins or until chicken is done.

Easy Peasy.







I served it with broccoli and cauliflower and mashed potatoes, YUM!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment