Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oh how I love Chicken Tortilla soup

You have NO idea. My first incounter with it was years and years ago at Pancho's...yes Pancho's. It wasn't good by any means. Then a few years ago I came across a slow cooker recipe for Chicken Tortilla soup. I tried it out and fell in love. When Scot and I met I made it for him, and he was hooked instantly. The only problem is that it takes 6 hours to make!

A few months ago my friend invited me over for dinner. What had she made? That's right.. Chicken tortilla soup! In a pot...WHOA! I had to have the recipe. I forgot to ask for it, so a few days ago I did a little researching on my favorite cooking website, http://www.allrecipes.com/ and found an easy recipe. So here it is! (with a few pictures. I apologize I got side tracked by a crying, teething, cranky baby!)

Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 fully cooked and ready Rotisserie Chicken (found at your local grocery store!)
1 (32 oz) can of chicken broth
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (I used rotel with the chiles, delish!)
cumin, garlic, chile powder, salt and pepper (season to your taste)

1. Pull chicken off of bone and shred into pieces. Set aside.


2. In lg. pot bring add broth, corn, tomatoes and chicken. Add seasonings to taste.

3. Bring to a boil, then turn to med-lo and simmer for 30 mins.

I serve it with lime, sour cream, and tortilla chips...YUM.





ok this is where I got distracted! It turned into bath time and once it was time to finish the meal, I completely forgot to take a picture. And once I finished and it was time to eat, I almost didn't get a picture of the finished project!

A nearly empty bowl...Haha! That's how good it is!

I hope you guys enjoy this recipe!




No comments:

Post a Comment